Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

I've seen plenty of war movies to know it is a terrible place to be, it's dangerous and scary . The scars it leaves both physical and mental last a life time.If it were not for the brave men and women who have put themselves in harms way we would not be the country of freedom we are today.

Being the mother of two boys I wondered what it would be like to send my son off to war. It used to be a common experience but now it is strictly volunteer. Years ago before computers and e-mail, instant messaging, Skye and even before telephones mother's sent their sons off to war. I can not imagine not hearing from your soldier for months on end and knowing by the time that letter arrived their situation would have changed to who knows what.

War is an ugly thing but even in His word God tells us there is a time for it. I am thankful for all those soldiers, past and present who suffer the unimaginable so that here in America we can be free. God forgive us for using that freedom for indulging our sinful flesh. I am thankful for technology that allows me to stay in touch when it is my son in the middle of a war zone.I am thankful for every soldier who has a heart to serve his country and all those he loves and all those he doesn't even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment