Wednesday, November 16, 2011

So Much To Be Thankful For

Today on this drab, dreary, rainy day I have so much to be thankful for. I have a nice house that is warm and dry, while so many people around the world have no shelter at all. I have a pantry full of food and everything I need to cook it, while many people will have to go out no matter the weather and forage for food, even eating out of garbage cans. There will be many people around the world that will simply have to watch their children go hungry. I have a closet full of nice clothes and shoes while many people will put on shoes with holes and clothes that are rags. I have a loving and supportive husband while many women wonder whether they will be beaten today or if a pay check will make it home to take care of the family. I have two amazing boys who follow Christ while many parents don't even know where their children are or can't sleep at night because of what they are involved in. My son will be home for the holidays this year while many parents will have to miss theirs because they will be serving in a war zone. I am healthy while so many people are in the middle of treatments to save their lives and around the world there is not even medicine or treatments to give people a fighting chance and children are left to face the world alone. I was born in America where my life has been full of choices and across the world people's lives are dictated by their government. I could go on forever but there is one thing I am more thankful for than all of these. I have a savior, His name is Jesus Christ. He is the son of the one living God and He gave His life so I could be saved. Not only for me but for every one  across the world, He is available to all and He is waiting for you to call out to Him.

3 comments:

  1. AMEN! I think every day should have a "thankfulness break." Once you start thinking about those things, it's amazing how many you find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May we never forget how much we have to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete