Thursday, November 3, 2011

That's Not What We Had Planned

Well, a week ago I left the US so excited about the wonderful plans and trip my husband had made for me! I know all of Heaven must quake with the laughter of our Lord sometimes at the plans we humans make. I also had a few ideas of my own in the mix. I know you have done the same thing, it is a common human condition.
My oldest son is a planner far beyond even his father who is meticulous. It gives us humans the delusion of being in control.

The fact of the matter is, even with the best made plans, anything can happen and there we are. In the middle of a situation, caught so off guard that we plunge into despair. God is never caught off guard and has already prepared the help He knows we will need, even while we stand there and worry. Time after time He has demonstrated this very fact to me and yet time after time I find myself in that worrisome place.

When things don't go as planned it is not because God decided He is going to smite us. We don't purposely do bad things to our children, do we? No, it is because we live in a fallen world and we suffer our own consequences or someone else's. In this world there is sickness, death, accidents and sometimes just plain crazy people. Yes we experienced that last night in the hotel, more about that later. If you are a child of God, He's got your back! Through out these last four days God already had it worked out, He had prepared the help ahead of time. Bubba had been here three weeks so the hotel staff knew him and it is a wonderful staff. He had me come over and the people Bubba works with worked together to solve the only issue we really had which was paying the hospital bill. Even though the hospital aggravated me to death about it. They better be glad my sister Marie wasn't here, she would have let them have it!

This hasn't been exactly what we planned but it has been what God knew would happen. He has taken care of us. We have one more day to sight see and try to keep Bubba calm, so I guess I better hold back on the shopping. Then God will bring us home and life goes on with all we have planned but we know it doesn't always go that way. It has been a wonderful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment