Friday, October 28, 2011

Another World

Yes, my husband sent for me! I am blogging this morning from Belgium. After breakfast which included a very delicious and flakey croissant my husband went to work. I went out on a terrace to have my quiet time with God. The air is brisk this morning as I sit looking at the steeple of a magnificent Cathedral right across from our hotel. The architecture is breath taking, so much more than these eyes are use to seeing and I worship my God there. My God is the Creator and yes this Cathedral was made by human hands and mind but it was my God who created those human hands and mind. Yet He desires to be my God and have a personal relationship with me, I can hardly comprehend that.

I marvel at the blessing that I am here, who would have ever thought? Certainly not me! I think about my life, growing up with an abusive, alcholic father which produced a disfunctional poor family. Then as I grew up making bad choices of my own left me with a life which at times felt pretty hopeless. I know you have had those crisises, sometimes of your own making, sometimes not, in your own life. Before finding a relationship with Christ, facing those times were difficult at best and I often found myself wondering "is this all my life is ever going to be?" It seems that way when we are in the darkness of a bad situation, we can't see out of the darkness but you have to learn from the bad situation to make better choices. Then from there, to make one step at a time until you are past the situation even though you may have to carry the consequence with you. We are sometimes too quick to give up thinking it's never going to be better but you never know whats right around the corner. I never thought a month ago I would be in this amazing place!

God has blessed me so, but you cannot expect to be blessed by God if you don't belong to Him. Part of belonging to Him is living for Him and in obedience to Him. How do you know how to do that? He wrote you a letter, well actually a book! It's His word, the Bible. It is His instructions to us so we can make wise choices for our lives and we can have lives full of hope for tomorrow. After all who knows where you will be or what you will be facing down the road!


1 comment:

  1. So excited Bubba sent for you! Wow -- Belgium!! What a great opportunity. Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete