Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall At Last

Like most other people I am loving the change of the season, the cooler air, the changing of the leaves, so many things. The older I get, the more summer becomes my least favorite season. I don't like hot and I don't like to sweat! I am more productive in cooler weather and just enjoy everything more.

 My husband and I were once visiting Washington DC early in August for just one day. There were so many things we wanted to see and so little time plus Satan himself must have been in charge of the thermostat. It was to me, unbearably hot, of course heat doesn't bother my husband. You know, it's part of that opposites attract thing I guess. He was so excited to see everything and after a couple hours of riding on top of the bus and walking all over the place, I'm done. Trying to be considerate I continue to follow. We find ourselves in front of the White House being pushed back with the rest of the tourist by police into the field across the street because Obama was flying in on a helicopter.

Exciting? To me I could care less, to my husband, YES! They kept pushing us back further and further, there were no benches to sit on and no shade, just the sun bearing down on us. My husband had his camera out with the telephoto lens oblivious to the heat or the crowd or anything else around him. He would have waited all day for that shot of the president, which we were too far away for anyway. There were people out on the White House lawn waiting to greet Mr. President, probally mad at having been forced out in the heat. When he landed President Obama got out on the opposite side of the Helicopter so we never did get to see him. I was fit to be tied! I hadn't thought it worth enduring the heat to begin with so I'm a little whiny by now. The day was far from over as my husband drug me all over that city while I prayed "Dear Lord, please let me get hit by a car so I can lay down!" Thank goodness God doesn't always give us what we ask for! I finally did get to lay down so sunburned I couldn't sleep. Do you get how I hate hot?

I have always been amazed at the creativeness of our God and it is renewed at the beginning of each season. That He cared enough and knew we would be bored with the same things all the time. Four different seasons, each with wonder, beauty and refreshment unique to it's own. Thank you Lord for fall !

2 comments:

  1. LOL I can hear you saying that - "Please Lord Jesus, let me get hit by a car!!" hahaha you're the best :)

    I'm glad He spared you so we could meet and be roomies and friends :) And so you would get a smart phone and learn to blog. Yes, I'm thankful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought, we never know whats right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete