Monday, October 24, 2011

He sent For Me!

I love the movie Coal Miner's Daughter. One of my favorite scenes is where young and very pregnant Loretta Lynn is sitting on a hill in front of her families home as her father returns from work in the coal mines with a letter from her husband, Doo. Her excitement explodes as she reads and hollars, " he's sending for me" or something to that effect. Doo has gotten a job and sent money for her to join him.

My husband travels abroad for work sometimes. He flies business class and eats in nice restaurants, seeing places and other cultures. I use to be jealous, I stayed home with the kids holding down the fort. Now the kids are grown. I imagine how awesome it would be if while he was away he sent for me! I'd be screaming with delight just like Loretta! Open up e-mail and see one from him that says " Pack your bags ". He'd already have arranged everything and paid for the ticket, that would make you feel loved wouldn't it? Of course I would have to do my part, pack my bags, go to the airport and pick up my ticket. One of these days!

Jesus had to go away but He didn't leave us without hope. Heaven is more first class than we can imagine and He has sent for us! He's already arranged everything and paid the price, doesn't that make you feel loved? He's just waiting for us to do our part.

1 comment: