Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's all in how you look at it!

I have been at my first Writer's Retreat, NCompass since Thursday. I have always loved to write and dreamed of doing it professionally but always just thought it was a dream. In this place there are times I am overwhelmed and I must say that is most of the time! God is using these people to show me that the desires God puts in your heart, He always has a plan to bring it forth. After all He is God!

These writers have taken me by the hand and are teaching me how to eat an Elephant, you know, one bite at a time! To do like Nike, Just Do It .Not only the teachers but also other students but I know what is at the root of that. Christ!

My mind was in overload on the first day and there is a day and a half left so Satan is Johnny on the spot telling me "you can't do this, you're too old to learn all this, you just want to bring glory to yourself!" and I begin to feel defeated. The battle begins “Don’t mess with me Satan, my Father is King of Kings and that makes me a Princess. I don't want to be Queen, that's the old lady! So I can do ALL things through Christ.

When I leave tomorrow I have two ways to look at this. I can look at how much I don't know and think "I can't do this", Satan wins. I hate it when Satan wins even one! Or I can look at how much I have learned that I didn't know and keep on working away on this elephant! If I do that God wins! I love it when God wins.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO proud! You're going to do great things. Don't let the water from the hydrant knock you down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just going to hold on and follow all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all washed away this w/e by the great info and insight! Glad you're blogging Margie - my blog is http://acontemplativespace.blogspot.com/ Please check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Margie! See--you ARE a writer! :-)

    ReplyDelete