Monday, December 19, 2011

Preparing For The Holidays: Step four- presents

When I give a gift I want it to be something valued by the recipient. Something they can use or that would mean something special to them. When they look at it or use it, it will remind them of a special someone or special event or maybe make a task in their life easier. You know how hard that can be.

Our family is big and we draw names so as not to financially stress anyone. Once I find out who I'm buying for I ask someone close to them for some suggestions and go from there. Of course like everyone else I want quality gifts at a good price. I love a deal, so yes I do black Friday, it's a family affair. My sister and nieces, nephews, Bubba and Garrett. We so missed Garrett last year when he was in Iraq! He attacks black Friday like a military mission, going over and around whatever to capture the deal. Make no mistake, he gets it too. We share our lists with each other, devise a plan, divide and conquer.

I hate to return things, any time of the year but especially after Christmas. So I don't want my gifts to put the recipient in that position. I put alot of thought into my gifts, thoughts of the particular person, what they may enjoy, what they may need. The people I give gifts to are people I love and I want to make a difference in their lives even if for a moment or in a small way. Now don't get offended, I love alot of people that don't get gifts! I have often wondered why God didn't make me rich as well as beautiful, I could have handled both but I trust His wisdom. Each gift is bought with that one person in mind and I look forward to giving it and seeing  the reaction of the person receiving it.

Let's talk about the most magnificent gift ever given. It is a gift that was sent just for you, it's what everyone needs even if you don't recognize it. You can't lose it or break it. It is perfect for each one of us no matter who we are, what we've done or where we are. If you accept this gift, it gives you peace in a world where there is no peace. It gives joy where there is no joy, a high purpose to your life and security that nothing can take away. It gives you a relationship with the living God, as a matter of fact it makes you family, His child! It was a very expensive gift, it cost Jesus His life but He gave it willing out of His love for you. So during the season when we celebrate when it all began here on earth, take this gift for your own. It makes the most important difference in your life.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, I'm impressed with you Black Friday people. I'd rather be home in bed, then sitting in my kitchen reading the paper and drinking coffee :)

    Thanks for the reminder of our perfect Gift. May you be RICHly blessed and have a fabulous Christmas with your family!!

    ReplyDelete