Friday, December 9, 2011

If I Speak and Nobody Listens, Does It Matter?

I'm new at this blogging stuff, I was encouraged at a Writers Retreat to do it. They say it's good exercise for a would be writer such as myself. I always enjoyed writing when I was in school so I've decided to see what develops.

 Why do people write? Maybe to share an experience, or to teach a lesson. It could be purely for entertainment or it can even be therapeutic. Blogging is kind of like writing in a diary except it's one you want other people to read. So why would I share my thoughts and experiences? To prompt other people's thinking or to share something I've learned so you won't have to learn the hard way, like I usually do. Sometimes to see how other people feel about whats on my mind. Is what I have to say about anything really important? No, so I guess you could also conclude my writing is therapeutic and if it speaks to someone else along the way then great!

I didn't start out to write devotions or even talk about God, that's for people holier than I am. Or so Satan would have me believe but as I began to talk about my life and the things happening in it, it seems only natural to bring Christ into it. He is a part of everything in my life and the only important thing in my life. So if  I speak about what happened to me the other day and nobody listens, does it matter? No but if I speak about Christ and nobody listens, does it matter? Only for eternity.

Leave me a comment so I'll know somebody was listening

4 comments:

  1. I'm listening... and you know I'm not holier than ANYBODY!

    But my opinion on the question you pose: we write for an audience of ONE, and we cast the bread of our writing onto the waters of cyberspace for Him to send wherever He wishes.

    So WRITE ON, Margie Culbertson :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know , Satan wants us to compare ourselves to others to keep us from doing what God wants us to do. I really don't do that. I'm happy to be who I am, it's all I can handle! Hey there's a blog in that! I was just trying to get people to let me know they are there, you always do! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Margie, it does matter. It matters as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist…
    … how dreary would the world be if there were no writers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You continue to be an amazing lady and I truly enjoy reading your work. You brighten my day and often put a smile on my face. Your wisdom is encouraging and helps to keep me grounded in my faith. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete