Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Now What?

Well it's 2012, now what? I love the week between Christmas and New Years because it's slow. There are not the normal demands on your time and efforts. I can take my time getting Christmas down and the house back in order. Bubba has been off work and so routine has gone out the window, we've slept late, stayed in my PJ's late, just not had to be in a hurry for anything. I think I could live this way! To not be involved in the outside world, wrapped up in my own. Not to have other's depending on you for anything, no deadlines, no pressure, stress or drama. A life of peace!

What kind of impact would I have on the world? None! That's not what God created me for. It's nice to have some down time to recharge, we all need it from time to time but we weren't created to live a life unto ourselves. So 2012 has begun, now what?

It's time to get back at it, at life. I've got a stage to clear and redecorate for children's Sunday school at church and props to gather, a mission trip to Ukraine the end of March that I need to be working on getting my ducks in a row for, Graham's birthday coming up and the list goes on. You know how it goes.

I want to make a impact on this world for Christ in whatever small way I can. It is my purpose for life and if I retreat into my own little cocoon I can't do that, so 2012 here I come and the results of living my life for Christ? A life of peace!

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, this struck home!! I love, love, love leisurely days at home. But the real world does call us, doesn't it? Thanks for the encouragement to get out there and make a difference in His Name!!

    Big hugs and prayers for a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! I'm all about my flannel PJ pants, but I think the fam is getting sick of them.

    My word for 2012 is FOCUS, so I need to put on some real clothes and get started!! Love you, Margie Culbertson :)

    ReplyDelete